Friday, November 12, 2021

A November Concert

I left Bloomington early yesterday afternoon in order to make it home to Cameron's band concert.  Originally, I was going to stay in Bloomington and pick Doug up at the airport, but once the date of the concert was changed we made different plans.  Brett offered to pick up Doug and I said that I would videotape the concert for him.  It was a lot of driving in a short period of time, but thankfully, all went well.

This was the first time that Bethany had held a concert in November for its high school music programs.  It made sense as they had changed the format of the December program, cutting the band performance down to one song.  The only issue was that the set had already been built for the fall play, so the chapel at school was not available.  Thankfully, the chapel at the Mennonite Church of Goshen College was available.  Grandpa, Grandma and I arrived early and we all enjoyed the music.  The concert band was obviously our favorite and we all left singing "America" from West Side Story in the end.




I spent today getting ready for our trip back to Bloomington for another IU football weekend.  I was very glad that I didn't have too much on my agenda as I was able to rest this morning.  I had been on the go since last Saturday and it felt good to get some extra sleep.  I picked Cameron up after the girls basketball game tonight.  My mom rode along so that we could leave as soon as it was over.  Fortunately, the game was a quick one and Cameron and I were on the road by 7:20 p.m.  The trip down was an easy one as there wasn't a lot of traffic on the road.  It did snow at first, but ended soon after we left.  We arrived at Brett's at 10:40.  Doug was impressed that I had gotten the dining room table into the Pilot.  I was too and appreciated my parents' help with that as well.  It fit perfectly in Brett's apartment and looked great on his new laminate flooring.  We were all exhausted by the time we got it set up, but we did make time to enjoy some breadsticks before turning in for the night.  



No comments:

Post a Comment