Tuesday, September 28, 2021

What Do We Do With All of This Stuff

Today's project revolved around cleaning the jewelry that I had sorted through last week and organizing a list of antique furniture that we would like to part ways with when we move to Florida.  During this process I also had to decide what to do with all of the items that were stored in or on the antique furniture.  It definitely got overwhelming and by the time Doug called me at lunch, I was in tears.  There was just so much stuff and I didn't know how to part ways with it easily.  I had always been frustrated with the amount of items that we had inherited, but hadn't really thought about it in quite some time.  Today it was absolutely overwhelming to me.

Doug had a few suggestions for me and in the end said that if it was too much to deal with than we could just pitch it all.  As tempting as it was, I wasn't quite ready to do that.  Instead, I kept working on the project little by little.  I didn't feel a lot better by the time he got home from work, but I did make some headway.  I had all of the jewelry that we wanted to save from Jeanette organized and labeled in my Grandma Guard's jewelry box.  I had a counter full of items for everyone to look at and decide if they wanted to keep them.  I hadn't pulled all of the vases out of the china cabinet yet, but that could wait until tomorrow.  

It was definitely the biggest "mess" that Doug had come home to in quite some time.  He didn't seem to mind and was more than willing to help with the last item on my list tonight - finding the names of the makers of all of the antique furniture.  We had success with the barrister bookcases and dining room table sets, but had no luck with the rocking chairs, china cabinet and double doored bookcase.  That will definitely help us when we have to decided what to keep and what to part ways with in the next year.  No matter what happened today, I was glad to hear Doug say that he was more than ready to start over once we household possessions once we move.  

No comments:

Post a Comment