Monday, January 11, 2021

Another Weekend, Another Puzzle

 I had given Doug a "I Love the 80s" puzzle by White Mountain for Christmas.  It was fun to put together and a nice break from some of the more challenging ones that we had worked on recently.  It actually only took us a few days to finish.  I thought when I purchased it that Doug and I would really enjoy reminiscing about life in the 1980s as we had both come of age during that decade.  The more time we spent on the puzzle, however, the more we both realized that there just wasn't a lot during that time period that still interested us.  Madonna, Dallas, Cabbage Patch Kids, Walkmans were all a large part of the entertainment world during the 1980s, but weren't really relevant anymore.  In retrospect I believe that I should have gotten him a puzzle from the 1970s.  I think Doug and I appreciate that decade a little more and I know that we have introduced the Heinisch children to a lot more music and television shows from that era Whether it was our favorite puzzle or not, it was still enjoyable to work on it together and was a nice diversion from all of the football that we watched this past weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment