Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Wedding

Tonight Meg, Brett, Doug and I went to Nathan Schwartz's wedding.  This is the first wedding of a friend of ours child - one that grew up with a Heinisch child.  It was a beautiful ceremony and I caught myself tearing up several times.  I remember Nathan being a seven year old on Doug and Brett's soccer team.  It seems like such a short time ago.  What a reminder of how fast life really does move.

The reception was nice.  Brett really enjoyed the fact that it was at Camp Mack and he could be a participant instead of an employee.  The food was delicious and we enjoyed sitting with the Perek family.  The highlight for me was when Brett caught the garter.  What a fun experience that he will remember.  We also got to chat with his preschool teacher that we haven't seen in quite awhile.  She remembered Brett and we enjoyed catching up with her.  Life does move fast.  I love the present, but it is fun to reminisce every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment