Thursday, November 15, 2018

Wow, 50 Years Old!!

Well, today was the day.  After talking about it for quite some time I finally turned fifty.  The number didn't really scare me.  I looked upon it as an honor, a milestone in life that not everyone reached.  I had big plans for today, and although a snow day cancellation changed them, it was still a wonderful birthday.

Originally, I had planned to meet Doug for lunch and to do some shopping this afternoon. The ice that arrived early this morning quickly changed that.  I did have time to get my walk in before it became too slippery, but driving to Elkhart at noon was out of the question.  I was disappointed at first as I hadn't met Doug for lunch more than once in the past seven years, but thankfully, he cleared his schedule for tomorrow so I could meet him then.  Cam, Meg and I decided the next best plan was to have Dairy Queen for a birthday lunch.  That quickly changed as well when we found out that they were out of hot dogs.  Fortunately, Penguin Point was not.

Meg had a project to work on this afternoon with a group from English and practice as well.  She left around 12:30.  My parents came up at the same time so that we could have an afternoon of Euchre.  Cam was the big loser on the afternoon, but he didn't seem to mind.  I ran him to practice once they left and Meg brought him home.  Doug arrived just before five and said that the roads were clear enough to go to Fort Wayne for dinner and shopping.  I was super excited as I wanted to go to Yankee Candle and Cam and Meg were more than interested in eating at Biaggi's.  We all had a wonderful night and enjoyed a delicious dinner.  It wasn't quite the day I had planned, but it sure was a special 50th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment