Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Where Does the Time Go?

When I quit my teaching position last Spring I truly thought I would have all kinds of time to read, learn to crochet and to just have downtime.  That actually hasn't been the case.  I have been able to read more, but I have to actually schedule time for that.  Even though I completed all of the projects that I planned to before fall break, I still have felt my days growing shorter and my to-do list longer.  It dawned on me today that I didn't truly retire as I still had children at home that needed my help.  I am not complaining at all as I truly enjoy helping the Heinisch family.  I have just been busier than I expected to be.

Today was no exception to that. With Doug's busy schedule I have taken on all of the household duties that I physically can.  That has freed him up to not only stay on top of work, but to also relax at the end of the evening.   As we decided to host a gathering here on Saturday, I knew that I had to start cleaning today.  I wish that I had the stamina to completely clean the house all in one day, but it would be too hard on my back and legs.  Thus, I split the cleaning into three sections - upstairs, basement and main level.  Today's cleaning was all upstairs.  It was easier than usual as I have kept on top of their rooms and bathrooms this fall.  By the time I left at 1:30 to take Meg her newly laundered basketball clothes all rooms were dusted, tubs were scrubbed and clothes were put away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment