Friday, August 29, 2014

Starting To Sink In

Doug said tonight that Monday was by far the saddest day since his Mom had died.  It was the day that it finally hit him that this is forever.  I felt terrible for him when he said this.  Doug is one of the strongest men I know, and I hate seeing him hurt.

This week there were so many Heinisch events that I wanted to tell Jeanette about - Brett's return to college, Cal's purple sweater and tennis victories, Meg's first goal, Cam finishing the 4th Harry Potter book and close to being done with the 5th, me hemming a sleeve with a whip stitch and Doug's tireless devotion to his family.  It was sad not to be able to call her.  I know she was very proud of her family and loved to hear of their accomplishments no matter how small.

Meg had a dream last night that we had to go to another funeral for her Grandma Heinisch.  She said she hated that part, but at the end Grandma was alive and well.  I told Meg that I had several dreams like that about Granny and Paw Paw in the weeks after they died.  I always chose to believe that it was their way of letting me know that they were alright and were still with me in spirit.  

I hope Meg finds comfort in her dreams and Doug's memories stay with him forever.  It has been a rough couple of weeks.  I think our trip to Bloomington this weekend will be a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment