Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Blog

I started writing the Heinisch blog a year ago as a challenge put out by our corporation's writing coach.  I was teaching writing lab at the time and I thought why not try it.  My students were writing everyday, so I knew I could do it if I put my mind to it.  As the days went by and I added stories about the happenings in the Heinisch household.  I thought I would run out of ideas, but luckily, everyone "there is always something going on in the Heinisch home."

After a couple of weeks I thought I would mention to Jeanette that I was writing a blog if she wanted to check it out.  I didn't know at the time that it would become a mainstay of her reading.  Through my entries she was able to keep up on everything that we were doing.  When we would call her or visit we didn't have to explain what was going on, she already knew.  Her bond with the Heinisch children grew deeper throughout the year.  My proudest "blog" moment was when Carl told me how much my entry about Doug meant to her.  She even called him over to read it.

I don't know if she can still read my blog now, but I will keep writing about the Heinisch family.  She would be so proud to learn that Cal won his first number one singles match and that Cameron finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with a perfect on his AR test.  Most of all I want her to know that a friend of mine texted me today to let me know how sorry she was for our loss and that "she raised a wonderful man."   I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment