Saturday, August 16, 2014

Math

I am teaching a Pre-Algebra math class this year in the afternoon.  This is the first time I have taught this class, but I helped in Mrs. Harris' quite a bit before I accepted a position at Milford.  This year the state changed the required standards taught for this class.  Thus, a lot of the material is not in our 8th grade book.  I worked this week on coming up with lessons for converting fractions to decimals and vice versa plus rational and irrational numbers.  I graded the quizzes today and overall I was pleased with the outcome.

Today I spent another four hours preparing lessons for next week.  Meg went in to school to help me laminate and cut manipulatives.  I have a plan for the upcoming five days.  I keep reminding myself that this is a marathon and not a sprint.  The end goal is for them to pass the ISTEP and show growth.  It's ok if we are not there yet.  I have faith that we will get there.  I just know it will take a lot of hard work, dedication and most of all, patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment