Wednesday, January 23, 2019

An Ice Day

We woke up to a two hour delay this morning for ice.  None of us were surprised after the weather issues of yesterday.  Within a half hour of finding out about the delay we received a text letting us know that it was changed to an elearning day.  We were one of many schools that made that decision and both Cam and Meg were happy with it.  They spent a good portion of the morning and part of the afternoon working on their assignments.  I ran to the library to pick up a movie for Cam and I.  Penguin Point was their lunch choice, so I stopped by there next.

Meg had practice at 3, so she asked if she could go to Nick's beforehand.  As the rain had stopped and the temperature had increased, I had no problem with it.  While she was gone, Cam and I watched "The House with a Clock in its Walls."  It was a little strange, but worth watching on a free afternoon.  Afterward we went to Mom and Dad's to play Euchre.  I was the big loser on the day.

Cam stayed at my parents while Doug and I went uptown for dinner.  It looked as though we were going to have another evening of freezing rain, but the precipitation stopped by early evening.  I was glad as Meg got home without having to fight icy roads.  Once we got back Doug and I watched a horrible movie, "Black Swan."  It had been highly rated, but we thought it was terrible.  Cam kept us updated on the Big Ten scores throughout the night which we appreciated.  He was still hopeful of IU's chances of doing well in the conference.  The rest of us weren't quite so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment