Thursday, May 24, 2018

Packing Up

Several weeks ago we found out that all of our classrooms were scheduled for new carpet, paint, wallpaper and student furniture.  We had specific items that we had to accomplish before the end of the year depending on which classroom we were teaching in.  I knew when I read the instructions that we had received the same information several years ago and although we cleaned out our rooms, nothing changed in them.  This year I did not care what the plans were I knew that this list was the permission I needed to start clearing out my room.  Doug helped me in April take home furniture and big items out of my classroom.  Since that time period I have been able to work on the rest ready before school, during my prep period and in Warrior Time.  The students were sad at first when I started emptying out my room.  Knowing that other teachers were doing the same it didn't seem to them as though I was leaving.  It felt more of just getting ready for the summer work schedule.

Today Cam and Meg got out of school at 2:30.  They headed to Milford afterward.  Meg spent her time catching up with Mr. Larson.  Cam hung out with Evan, Cade and Chance in the science room until the students were dismissed.  I was able to finish boxing up everything in my room by 3:30.  Most went in the closet for the next 6th grade math teacher.  There was still plenty of games, resources and supplies, however, that I had brought in from my personal stock of teacher items.  I was able to get all of that into tubs and Cam and Chance put it all in the van for me.  My room looked bare when we turned off the lights and locked the door.  I was happy, however, as it reminded me that in one short week I will officially have completed my last year of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment