Thursday, September 21, 2017

One Tough Match

Tonight Meg's team played Culver Military Academy and it was as tough as we expected it to be.  The girls ended up losing 6-0 and didn't have much in the way of scoring drives.  I asked Doug at halftime if this reminded him of his days at Wawasee.  He said, "No.  In those games I had to come up with a way to make it stop.  Now I can just be a spectator."  I am glad that he felt that way.  He has been swamped at work this fall.  It would have been tough to fit coaching in as well.  The game did, however, remind both Meg and I of the days with Wawasee and the lopsided loses.  It has been nice this season to only have one of those.  It was a lot easier to watch knowing that our next game would be against Lakeland instead of another 4A school.

No comments:

Post a Comment