Friday, September 22, 2017

Homecoming Royalty

Meg, Doug and I were the only ones home tonight as Cam had a slumber/birthday party tonight at Conner's.  He was excited to be going and glad that practice got over early.  Mom and Dad picked him up and dropped him off for us, so I didn't get to see him before he left.  I gave him a lot of advice before he left - "don't run in the street, be careful around the pool, etc."  I got the usual "Mom, you are an idiot look" from him as I have gotten from the other three over the years.

The rest of us decided to try Sleepy Owl for dinner and were pleasantly surprised with how good the food was.  Each one of us tried a pasta dish and they were all excellent.  We were also able to get a table pretty easily which was a big plus on a Friday night.  After dinner Meg and I went to Jess' to see Molly.  We hadn't had time to stop by yet and enjoyed visiting all of the children.

Doug picked us up at 7:30 so that we could go to the Wawasee high school football game.  It had been a long time since we had been to a game, and I hadn't really missed it.  We wanted to go, however, to see Hannah-Marie.  She was nominated to the Homecoming Court.  Cal couldn't make it as he had a test schedule for tonight.  We were glad to go and to take pictures.  HM didn't win, but she looked beautiful in her red dress.  With all of the excitement surrounding Homecoming I have to believe that the highlight of the night was watching Mike drive her around the track in his convertible.  Every time he took off I was sure that he was going to throw her off the back.  Luckily, she was able to hang on just fine and had a wonderful evening as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment