Monday, August 10, 2015

Ready As We'll Ever Be

I spent the day at school getting my classroom ready after our morning meetings.  I was able to get everything done today that I wanted to for tomorrow.  My classroom looks a lot better than it did on Friday.  I appreciate all of the help I got this weekend from Meg, Cam, Doug and Brett.

Meg had a fun last day of summer vacation.  She went to school for her impact concussion testing.  Then she and Brett went to lunch together at Maria's.  I came home between 2 and 3, so she went back with me to visit Milford one last time.  I ran her back to practice at 4:30.  On the way she said, "I am not going to miss anything but Mr. Larson at Milford."  She's ready for high school.

Brett enjoyed lunch with Meg.  When we left for Milford he went to Pierceton to help Pam Galloway in her upcoming election.  He found out that their is a town in Indiana named Andrews.  He was back by nine and enjoyed the Bourbon Street Pizza I ordered.

Cameron Adams and Jayce spent the night last night.  Today Cal and Cameron went swimming at Zac McKee's house before tennis.  He is definitely ready for school tomorrow.

Cam had a great second day.  He went in with the Leininger's this morning and enjoyed that.  He was happy that they finally had assigned seats at lunch.  He was even happier when he found out that Jacob was assigned to his table.  We were all thrilled that he is adjusting so well.

School will start tomorrow.  That is inevitable.  Today I realize that we are as ready as we will ever be.  Hoping for two great senior years, a wonderful freshman year, an awesome 5th grade, and that I survive the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment