Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Typical Wednesday Schedule

Today was a typical Wednesday in the Heinisch home.  Cam and Meg had hoped for a delay, but only schools south of theirs received one.  I spent my day at home working on Sports Illustrated magazines, walking and doing laundry.  I was happy to receive an offer on one that we posted on Ebay.  My goal when we started was earning a $100 on them.  I'm interested to see if that happens.

I heard from both Brett and Cal this afternoon.  Brett had not received any updates from his job interview last week in Shelbyville, but was happy to report that the mayor's office of New York had emailed wanting to interview him next week for a policy position.  That was impressive.  He will know more next Wednesday.  Cal has decided to drop the 3/2 master's program and instead earn his four year degree in accounting, finance and analytics.  It will change his career path, but still make him highly employable in the business world.  He has to meet with his counselor tomorrow and verify the changes.  Both Doug and I supported that decision.

Tonight Cam and Meg had piano which they both enjoyed.  Afterward Meg went to Nick's for dinner.    Her mouth was still hurting so she was happy to see that macaroni and cheese was on the menu.  Nick found out yesterday that he was accepted into the flight program at Purdue.  That was impressive as they only accept seventy students.  Needless to say he was very happy.

Cam spent the rest of his evening watching Big Ten basketball.  Doug and I went to dinner in town.  We made it back before the end of the Penn State game.  Cam kept us updated throughout the night.  I had picked out several movies from the library, and Doug decided on The Post for this evening.  It was interesting and not as anti-Nixon as I would have thought.  I was glad that we finally were able to see it as it had been on our watchlist for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment