Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Spelling Bee Memories

When I visited my old Warrior Time class before Christmas break they had asked me to come back for the spelling bee.  One of them was a finalist and I knew it would mean something to her if I showed up today.  Thus, after my physical therapy this morning I headed to Milford to cheer on the contestants.  It definitely brought back a lot of memories from Meg's spelling bee days.  It was easier to sit in the crowd as a spectator than as a parent.  I was still nervous, but I didn't have much vested in it.  I felt bad for those who missed a word, but overall had fun with my former students watching the drama unfold.  In the end we were all happy that a seventh grader won even though we were tired of sitting through the fifty-eight rounds.

The rest of the day was a quiet one.  I took a walk as soon as I got back from Milford.  The weather was perfect for it.  Cam had chess and tennis this evening, so I did not see him until 8:30.  He really enjoyed both.  Meg came home for a brief moment to change before driving back to Bethany for the boys' basketball game.  She was happy to report that the boys won.

No comments:

Post a Comment