Thursday, January 10, 2019

Physical Therapy

In December I started physical therapy for my back.  I had been having pain in between my shoulder blades that I couldn't get rid of on my own.  It was also difficult to sleep, so I knew I needed to do something.  I realized last week that the treatment that they had been doing on my back and the exercises I had done at home had finely relieved the pain.  Except for sitting in the bleachers, I hadn't noticed any type of back pain lately and that included my time shoveling the driveway yesterday.

What hadn't changed over the past month was the pain in my elbow.  The doctor was able to tell me that the nerve was trapped, but wasn't sure where without extensive testing.  He suggested therapy first to see if it would help.  Since it hadn't helped so far, the physical therapist knew that it couldn't be trapped in my spine or shoulder.  Thus, she started treating just the elbow this week and I have finally noticed a difference.  It hurt while they were working on it, but was worth it to have some relief later.

I got to test out my elbow and back tonight at Meg's game and they did pretty well.  I was glad that I was able to sit through it as Meg played almost half of the game.  It was fun to see her have success and to enjoy it.  The girls beat Blackhawk Christian fairly easily which should bode well for sectionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment