Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A Quiet Day

It was a quiet day here in the Heinisch home.  Cam and Meg had school and Doug was busy at work. I went to physical therapy first thing this morning and then spent the rest of the daylight hours working on Sports Illustrated magazines and walking in the basement.  My arm did feel better and I was able to sort through a decade of magazines and to walk 8000 steps before I had to pick up Cam from chess club.

Tonight was busier for all.  Doug went to Meg's game at Concord high school.  It was a tough one for the girls with the ending score being a twenty-seven point difference resulting in Bethany's loss.  Meg said that it was intense one for Bethany.  She was happy with her playing time, however, and even more excited to report that she was not hurt during the game.  Her team has been plagued with late season injuries and she has wanted to avoid one.

While they were at the game, I took Cam to tennis.  He was glad to be back on the court.  I ran to Walmart while he was playing, but made it back in time to watch the end of his session.  I was impressed with how well he hit his backhand.  He had switched to a heavier racket which made his shot even harder.  He told Doug he was rusty last week, but it sure didn't look like it tonight.  Tennis season has always been my favorite.  I can't wait for it to start for both Meg and Cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment