Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ultrasounds Are Only Fun When You're Pregnant

This morning I had an ultrasound on my abdominal area to make sure that my stomach pain was not something more serious.  As I have had this pain for quite awhile I haven't worried about it being something serious.  If it was my symptoms would have increased and become more intense.  Instead they have stayed the same over the years - some location, same pain.

All that said I agreed to have one just to appease the doctor and move forward on a diagnosis.  I have decided after this morning, however, that ultrasounds are only fun when you are late in pregnancy.  The pain from this one was intense.  As soon as she pushed down on my stomach I almost jumped off the table.  I never thought about it before, but when I was pregnant they were pushing on muscle surrounding the baby.  It was uncomfortable, but the excitement of seeing the baby move or watch its heartbeat far outweighed any minor unpleasantness.  This was different, however.  She had to push harder to see all of the different organs and there really wasn't much excitement looking at my kidney.  All that said I am glad that I did it.  One more test crossed off and I missed Smart Start as well - not too bad for a Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment