Friday, August 28, 2015

Saying Goodbye

My Mom's friend Mildred died last week.  She was 102.  Mom visited her almost daily this past year or so. She not only knew the Heinisch children from my Mom's conversations, but also from the visits that Cam and Meg had made as well.  Cam even went to play BINGO with her at the nursing home the Wednesday before he started school.

Mildred had become sick and was in the hospital the last few days of her life.  Mom still visited her and had a long talk with her before she slipped into an unconsciousness the day before she died.  Tonight was her visitation and Cam and Meg both asked to go.  I was proud of them for making that choice.  Meg did say she choked up a little when she saw her, but they both know she is in a better place.  I am not sure if Mom will still go over to visit the nursing home as much, but I am glad she did.  It goes to prove you can make a friend at any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment