Wednesday, August 19, 2015

GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!

Today I picked up Cam from Bethany Christian and we headed to The Chief for ice cream.  He then rode with me to Lakeland to watch Cal play tennis.  It was a beautiful night for watching the match and Cam really enjoyed it.  Cal is playing at the top of his game.  He has greatly improved his serve and has developed some fantastic net shots.  Cam and I love that he yells "No!" before the ball even lands and shows the other team no mercy.  Cal and Tim did not win tonight.  I realize that it will be challenging for them to win a lot of matches this year as Cal is a lot better and in doubles the other team will pick up on that and keep the ball away from him.  Cam and I don't care if he wins or loses, however.  It is so much fun to watch him that the score doesn't really matter.

Cal and Tim did take the first set to a tiebreak before getting beat.  By the time they lost the second set the girls home soccer game against West Noble was coming to a close.  We checked in with Brett several times and were on the phone with him when Wawasee went up 3-1.  The Chargers did score one more, but the Warriors held on for the victory bringing their record to 2-0 just like the boys tennis team.

I drove home as quick as I could so I could catch the end of the JV game.  Meg had played a lot of the Varsity, but still put in minutes in the JV as well.  By the time I got there the game had about 6 and 1/2 minutes left in the only half they were playing.  As I locked the van I heard a loud cheer from our crowd.  I just knew it was Meg.  I was correct - missed it by seconds.  Brent Beer said she looked awesome and her lone goal gave the JV the victory as well.  It was a wonderful night for the Heinisch family.  I was glad to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment