Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

For the third year in a row Brett headed to the movie theater for New Year's Eve.  The first year he and I saw Sherlock Holmes, last year he went to see The Grudge Match with Doug, and this year he, Cal and my parents watched The Gambler.  It was the first free day that we had to see The Night at the Museum 3, so Cam, Meg and I decided to meet him there when The Gambler finished.  The movie theater was mostly full and I am sure that we are not the only ones who think of seeing a movie on New Year's Eve.  Everyone who went enjoyed the movies, although Brett felt The Gambler was the better of the two.

Once we got home Meg and Cameron headed to Grandma Jane's for their shredded paper confetti tradition.  They had fun playing Drop Guts and pelting each other with confetti.  Cal had his friends over - Alex, Jayce, Parker, Harry and Stephen.  They played NBA2K15, knee basketball, poker, pool and a game of horse in the driveway.  Brett, Doug and I enjoyed the Twilight Zone marathon as well as playing games.  Doug made some awesome appetizers and my Mom sent cookies.  The food was appreciated by all staying in the basement as well as us.  I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the roar from the pool room when the ball dropped at midnight.

Overall, it was a great New Year's Eve.  We gave up going out long ago and have enjoyed the memories that the Heinisch children have created here and at my parents.  This year we even get to look forward to the four day weekend Doug gets starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment