Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Anxiety

If you have never suffered from anxiety you are lucky.  It is a horrible feeling - like you had triple the amount of caffeine in a Five Hour Energy drink.  Your mind starts racing and your whole body goes into a panic.  Usually, you know what is bothering you but not always.  Those are the worst times. You feel like a caged animal with no hope of ever getting out.  

Most outsiders don't have a clue that you feel this way, but those closest to you do.   You smile and carry on as those life is grand everywhere else, but at home your family walks around on eggshells worrying that at any minute your are going to break down.  Nothing they say makes it better.  You just pray it goes away.

That was me six months ago.  Through a lot of work and help from my family and friends my life is so much better.  I still have episodes of anxiety, but they are fewer and farther between.  I know now what to do and not to do.  I am much happier as I do not live in fear of having another panic attack.  I do not even have to say I hope it continues, because I know it will.  It's taken a lot of work to get here and sure don't ever want to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment