Thursday, March 30, 2017

Last Day of School Before Break

Today was Meg and my last day of school before break.  It was definitely a busy one, but easy to get through.  My students had tests to finish, presentations to give and surface area packets to grade.  I also chose this day to be observed by my principal.  I didn't want to have to do it after break as we will be swamped with JA interviews and getting ready for our visit to BizTown as soon as we return. Midterms are April 12th as well and I wanted to save time for students to retest if they needed to before grades are due.  All went well with my observation, finishing tests and helping a handful of students finish up their math projects.  Betsy and I even had time to place students with interviewers and create a spreadsheet for that during team time.

Meg was also able to finish up several lose ends at school.  She completed her Pre-Calculus test, took a midterm in Spanish and placed pictures on the tennis page for yearbook.  She texted me multiple times during the day letting me know that she was more than ready to be on vacation.  My favorite text was "We're learning about Pedro the 1st in history and I have the 3 Caballeros song stuck in my head"  She was definitely ready for the Gran Fiesta in EPCOT.    Her next several texts were interested.  She had stepped on a piece of lead in Miss Justice's room and she and Aaron spent quite a bit of time trying to get it out.  In the end they felt successful and were able to stop worrying about Meg losing a foot.  

Cameron didn't have to wait for Spring Break.  He was officially done yesterday.  He and Mom had planned on playing golf, but the weather did not cooperate, so instead he hung out with Grandpa taking him for money every game he could.  Doug left work early as he accomplished a lot yesterday and was at a good stopping place.  He was able to pick Meg up from practice.  There was supposed to be a match, but the weather ended the idea of that early in the day.  

The weeks between Christmas break and Spring Break are always long.  About a month ago I wasn't sure that I could make it.  Glad to say that I survived and can now enjoy a relaxing trip to D.C. to see Brett and then on to Disney - the Happiest Place on Earth.   

No comments:

Post a Comment