Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Christmas Break officially started at 3:20 today and I couldn't be happier.  The school day went well with a breakfast in the morning and Christmas math through the day.  Now, however, the entire Heinisch family can spend some family time together and relax.  We began our vacation by finishing our Christmas shopping.  I still needed one more gift for Brett and Cam, Meg and I found it pretty easily.  Meg and I then bought food for the weekend while Cam was at tennis lessons.  I had time while he finished up to grade the last of my papers for the week.  I do not plan on doing anything for school before January 3rd.  That was a nice feeling.

Meg did not stay for tennis tonight.  Her foot is better, but not well enough to run on it.  She actually has had to walk on the side of her foot which has bothered her ankle.  Today she fell down the stairs in school because of it.  Without tennis she was able to join Brett, Cam, Doug and I at the bowling alley for trivia night.  My parents met us there as well.  It was a lot of fun playing together.  The questions all revolved around Christmas categories.  We had the lead going into the final question.  We were positive about our final answer - the hometown for A Christmas Story.  Doug picked Gary and we were sure that was it, but it actually ended up being Hammond.  It made sense when we heard it.  None of us were too disappointed, however, as we still finished 3rd and received a $5 gift certificate and more plastic cups.


No comments:

Post a Comment