Saturday, December 17, 2016

Crossroads Classic

I went with Doug to Indy today to watch the Crossroads Classic.  We weren't sure we would be able to go because of the weather.  It started snowing last night and central Indiana had an ice storm.
I-465 was shut down and motorist had been stranded for over 8 hours.  As the forecast called for warmer weather this afternoon we thought we would try it.  It wasn't as bad as we had expected.  It was slow going until US 30, but after that it was definitely better.  We made it to Indy in less than 3 hours and were able to park right next to Bankers Life Fieldhouse.  We were in our seats before Purdue and Notre Dame tipped off.

I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy this game, but the second half was very exciting.  ND was up by 14 at half.  Purdue came back to take the lead late in the game.  It went back and forth, but Purdue finally was able to put the game away.  I also enjoyed watching Caleb Swannigan play.  Cal played against him in 8th grade.  What a neat experience.

We walked around in between the IU and Butler game.  The Fieldhouse was very nice.  We stayed for only the first half of the IU game as we were nervous about the roads.  We were both glad that we made this decision.  By the time we got to Kosciusko County the roads were covered and the temperature was dropping.  We were able to listen to the game on the way home.  IU was down at half by double digits and made it a game in the end.

It was wonderful to spend the day with Doug.  Cal has gone with him the past two years.  I offered him my ticket this year, but he said he was ok letting me go.  I am sure that soon enough Cam will want to go along too.

No comments:

Post a Comment