Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Goodbye Apollo - You Will Be Missed


It was a sad day in the Heinisch home as Apollo died this morning.  We knew that he had stopped eating a week ago, but were hopeful that he would rebound.  Cam wanted to take him to the vet, but Doug said that Apollo was getting old and that a vet visit probably wouldn't change much.  I knew he was right as that was the way with Cosmo, but it was very hard watching him dying.

It really wasn't too many days ago that Apollo was still squeaking for carrots.  Once he stopped I had become worried.  Last night he had a raspy voice.  I was hoping that meant he had a cold, but I guess not.  I did give him some hay and he actually crawled over and ate it before he died.

Cam took the news pretty well.  I had covered him up in the morning with a towel.  He lifted it to check and make sure, but Apollo was already gone.  Meg said that she could have cried if she would have let herself.  I felt the same way.  We will bury him this weekend.  Sad to see him go.  It was a great five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment