Saturday, September 26, 2015

One Busy Day

Cal had two rounds of NLC today at Northwood.  His first match was a 9 a.m. and he won easily.  Cam and I were there to see his match and to bring food for the event.  Once Cal finished we kept ourselves occupied with a game of Bocce ball, eating breakfast and playing paddle ball.  Cal had one of the longest waits of the day and was scheduled to go back on around 1 p.m.  I missed the very beginning as I had to take Cam to my Mom so he could go to a birthday party in Goshen.  Cal played well in his match.  He ended up losing 6-4, 6-3, but competed well especially on such a windy afternoon.  He ended the NLC season in 6th place at #2 singles.  Doug said that made him 14th overall in the conference in tennis and we couldn't be more proud.

Once tennis was over I headed home to quickly catch up with Doug.  He and Meg had two soccer games this morning against topped ranked Warsaw.  Meg had the play of the day when she took down one of the Warsaw players in front of the Wawasee crowd.    My Dad yelled out in the crowd, "That's exactly what I taught her."  Doug said she played awesome and he was very proud.  The JV tied 1-1, while the Varsity lost 0-8.

I picked Cam up from his birthday party in Goshen.  He had an awesome time celebrating Conner's birthday.  They played Minute to Win It games, jumped on the trampoline and had a Nerf gun battle.  I was so glad that he was invited and thrilled that he had a great time.  Switching schools is never easy, but I feel that he has made the transition very well.  It was a lot of fun to see him with his new friends enjoying the day and being included on their activities.

We ended the evening with a bonfire and a game of cards with my parents.  Everyone was pretty tired, but still had a lot of fun.  Soccer and tennis are winding down for the fall and I will miss watching the Heinisch children play.

No comments:

Post a Comment