Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A New Coroner

Brett called me today and reminded me to let him know who won the coroner's election.  Our current county coroner stepped down to take the position as fire chief.  Our police chief and one of my Dad's friends filed for the position as well as the current coroner's wife.  Brett had gotten to know our police chief very well when he was a member of KYLA and was extremely hopeful that he would win.

As a precinct committee person I was one of 51 who were able to vote this evening for the new coroner.  I was nervous going into the night.  I had received quite a few letters supporting the coroner's wife and didn't know most of the people voting.  I thought that maybe a person from Warsaw would have a better chance of winning.  I was happy to text Brett by 7:30 to let him know that his choice won.  He and my parents were both happy as were Doug and I.  I am glad that I was able to fulfill my civic duty and make it home in time to catch the Republican presidential debate.  The debates were so entertaining that Cal even watched them.  With eleven candidates I don't have any clue yet who will win the nomination.  Wish I could vote for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment