Monday, July 28, 2014

Bike Riding

Tonight I had a library board meeting, Cal started tennis condition, and Brett was at work.  Thus, Doug took Meg and Cam bike riding.  Cameron hadn't been on a bike all summer with the golf that he has been playing.  When they started off he wasn't quite sure about it all.  He was positive that you could "forget how to ride a bike," but low and behold he did just fine.  They road to the high school and through Fox Run before heading home.  Cameron told me that he was really glad that Doug took him.  He liked the new bike he was using and wants to go again soon.

I was glad that Cam stuck with it.  So far Meg has been the only Heinisch interested in riding a bike.  Brett and Cal learned how but never spent much time bike riding.  I loved riding when I was a child.  Many of my favorite childhood memories involve riding from our house to Grandma's.  I don't think that Doug was allowed to go as many places as I was, mostly because DeKalb was a lot bigger than Syracuse and Carl had a cousin who was killed riding a bike.  That won't affect Cam's enthusiasm, however, as he wants to go a little farther next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment