Monday, May 21, 2018

The Silver Anniversary

Today Doug and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.  There was no big fanfare just a normal night at the Heinisch home helping Cam and Meg with various items, dropping the van off to get an oil change and packing lunches for school tomorrow.  We did have time to get dinner at Huntington St. and spent some quiet time on the porch sitting in our new patio chairs watching the birds enjoy their new feeders.  I gave Doug a homemade gift that highlighted the 25 reasons why I love him and he gave me a beautiful Pandora ring that he bought while shopping in Saugatuck last weekend.

I asked Doug if this was what he thought our life would be twenty-five years ago when we said, "I do."  We both laughed.  Neither one of us had any idea at the time of where life would take us, but in saying that we sure have enjoyed the ride.  Not everyday has been a smooth one, but I wouldn't trade the family that we have or the life we have built for anything.  Doug told me on Saturday that he's 25th anniversary wish would be for fifty more years together.  I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment