Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Lots of Activity

Tonight was the choir concert for middle school at Bethany.  Cam started off with the Agape Bell Ringers.  They were a smaller group than in years past, but they sounded fantastic.  I was very proud of him for committing to this activity once again.  I know that it has been hard getting up early three days a week for the 7 a.m. call time, but what a wonderful experience he has had.  Hoping he continues next year as well.  After the bells each grade featured their choir.  All performed very well.  Cam was happy with the seventh grade portion and felt they improved greatly from the winter.  I enjoyed hearing one of my favorite songs from Wicked, "Defying Gravity."

Meg missed the concert to go to senior night for the boys' baseball team at Bethany.  Afterwards she and a group of juniors went to Buffalo Wild Wings.  Meg said that it was a lot of fun and even had time to stop for ice cream at The Chief with Liam before heading home.  It was fun listening to her talk before she went to bed.  My favorite part was when she told me what Grace said to her:  "Meg, I don't even remember Bethany before you came there."

Since Meg was busy with her friends and my Dad had a council meeting, my Mom and I were the only ones who could attend Cam's performance.  Doug had his first board meeting at Champion this evening in Miami.  I videotaped the performance for him, so that he could watch it when he returns.  I  was able to talk to him later in the evening and was happy to hear that everything had gone exceptionally well.  The hotel was luxurious and the board was welcoming.  He couldn't have asked for a better start.

No comments:

Post a Comment