Saturday, May 12, 2018

A Rain Out

Cam was scheduled to play at Northridge in a middle school tennis tournament today.  He was excited to be a part of the team and was looking forward to playing.  Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and the tournament was canceled last night.  We understood why as it stormed all morning long, but were bummed not to see him play.  I missed his match Tuesday when I was at Tippy Valley watching Meg extend her winning streak to 14-0.  Cam was understanding about me going to Meg's, but I hoped to be there today.  Meg's next match conflicts with his at Goshen Monday.  My parents said that they would be available to support him while Doug and I go to Jimtown.  The one nice part of them being four years apart will be in high school.  There will not be any conflicts when he plays tennis or golf.

We took advantage of the downtime to get some work done around the house.  Meg and Cam both were able to finish some weekly cleaning and change the guinea pigs.  I transferred all of the important saved emails on my school account to my home gmail.  I also finished grading for the week and did laundry.  It was the first time in quite awhile that I felt caught up.  Doug used his time to get the mowing done and a couple of other projects as well.

Meg and Liam hung out here for awhile this evening and then went to Steak N Shake for dinner.  She had homework to finish so he headed home around 9 p.m.  Cam played nine holes of golf before it started raining again.  He was pleased with his 45.  We heard from Brett and Cal.  They both were happy with their weekend plans.  It was a quiet Saturday and a nice break from the busy work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment