Thursday, May 10, 2018

A New Start

Doug started his new position as CFO at Champion medical devices today.  I thought about him all day and was relieved when he texted after lunch to let me know that all was well.  I had also been afraid that he would be bored.  Doug was used to having so much to do at Renegade that he would text me weekly the Veggie Tales song quoting the line that "he was shockingly busy" and would call me later.  I was glad to hear that he already had plenty to do and was able to get started right away.  As the CFO he became a member of their board of directors when he was hired.  Tonight he was already looking at spreadsheets to prepare for his first meeting with the equity firm on Tuesday in Miami .

It was interesting to hear all about his first day in his new position.  The next three weeks will be busy ones with the end of the school year for Cam and Meg, Brett's travel to D.C., Cal's summer school classes and all that I need to do to walk out of my classroom on May 31st.  Glad that Doug was able to get the ball rolling with an wonderful start to his new position.

No comments:

Post a Comment