Wednesday, August 9, 2017

New Record

I finished cleaning the main level this morning at home.  I was glad to get it all done.  The house looks great.  Since I was able to finish the cleaning I had time to get to school this afternoon and work on my room.  I wasn't thrilled to be there, but was excited to set a new record for myself.  I had my room completely ready in five hours.  In years past I had spent at least four times that much time working at school during August.  I could have finished even quicker except that my new teacher desk arrived yesterday and I had to move all or my supplies and reorganize everything.  I also had to set up my computer replugging everything in through the tiny holes in the desk.  I was proud to have figured it out without help.

While I was at school the custodians stopped in.  The new student furniture hadn't arrived, but they had tables that my class could use.  We had broken several of the small ones last year and they were glad to give us something newer.  I was happy that they were able to deliver them today.  I knew that  I wouldn't be able to get back in my classroom before next Wednesday, so it was nice to get so much accomplished.  Doug and I went out to dinner tonight to celebrate.  It was wonderful to sit down and relax.  The last three days had been filled with many hours of cleaning and rearranging.  I was definitely ready for a break and enjoyed the company very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment