Monday, August 14, 2017

A Quick Trip to Bloomington

Meg and Cam had late start today and didn't have to leave until after 8 a.m.  I took Brett to the dentist and was back just before they left.  I barely had time to get ready before he called to say he was done.  Brett had finished packing the van this morning before his appointment, so once I picked him up we started our journey to Bloomington.  Traffic was light, but there were a few road closers.  They didn't delay us too much and we made it to Oliver winery before noon.  Brett picked up a bottle of wine and a bottle of cider for his apartment and I did the same for home.  

Our next stop was Brett's apartment.  It was a lot bigger than Doug had described.  We started immediately unpacking everything we had brought down and also the items that he did not have time to sort through on Friday.  We rearranged a couple of items, hung clothes in his closet and fit everything in his apartment with plenty of room to spare.  We believe that we shall even be able to fit the brown chair in a corner of his living room now.  We just have to see if we can fit it in the van on our next trip down.  

Brett wanted to eat lunch at an Indian restaurant on fourth street.  I was glad that he suggested it.  The food was delicious.  After we ate we walked over to CVS to get Brett batteries.  He then stopped at the comic book store while I got the van.  It was hot today and he appreciated a ride to the union.  I left for home after I dropped him off with the hope of being home by 7 p.m.  I would have stayed longer, but with school starting on Wednesday and Cal leaving for IU I knew that I would need to get home.  I enjoyed my day with Brett.  He talked a lot about several different topics ranging from his masters programs to social issues of the day to video games.  It was great to hear his opinion and bounce some of my ideas off of him as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment