Thursday, July 30, 2015

Back to School Pool Party

Today was the worst day we have ever had at a garage sale, which was disappointing.  There were some highlights to the day, however.  The first was when Meg and the Fitgeralds showed up via boat.  Rich pulled into the boathouse and Brooklyn suggested that they tie it to Dad's dock.  Rich was confident that it would be fine, but after a little while I heard, "Hey, the boat's in the middle of the channel."  Dad grabbed the kayak and Rich headed out to get it.  Cameron offered, but I didn't want him to try it.  They finally got the boat back to the boathouse and lo and behold it wouldn't start.  Dad ran everyone back to the Dicks.  Rich did get it started later, but only after Dad posted it all on Facebook.

Cameron claimed the second highlight of the day.  Tonight was the Back to School Pool Party for incoming fourth and fifth graders at Bethany Christian.  It was held at his teacher's house and I was thoroughly impressed with it all.  I left to shop for school supplies while he was there, but came back a little early to see how it was going.  He had pizza for dinner and enjoyed swimming.  He met a few new students and enjoyed seeing his new teacher.  I was completely impressed with her.  Her classroom is set up in a Montessori fashion and works with each student individually.  The more I talked to her the more confident I became that we have made the best decision for Cameron.  My favorite quote from him after the evening was, "Everyone at Bethany Christian is just so nice.  I am going to have to get used to that."

No comments:

Post a Comment