Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March Madness

March Madness is upon us once again with a little bit of disappointment this year.  No team from the state of Indiana, including our Hoosiers, made it to the Big Dance.  Thus, this year our brackets will have to revolve around teams from other states.  I did not filll out a bracket this year as I let Meg take my place in the Goshen News pool.  She did ask for my opinion on a couple of the games, and I was very impressed with her picks.

Everyone else put a bracket in the pool as well.  I am sure there will be a Heinisch prize for the winner in our family.  Cal usually has a pool going at school.  Haven't asked him yet, but I did pick his winner for my bulletin board at school - Louisville.  The students in my class are excited.  They each had the chance to pick a team and I will make a neat March Madness bulletin board comprised of their picks. tomorrow.  The winner or winners get a prize, but they don't know what it is yet.  Depends on the number of winners - right now Wichita State has the largest support with Florida not far behind.

I am not as big of a basketball fan as I used to be, but it is always fun to participate in the excitement of March Madness.  It helps the time before Spring Break pass quickly and I know I can always find something to watch on TV.  This will be the first year that Cal won't be home watching it.  With his new iPhone he can get updates at school whenever he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment