Sunday, March 2, 2014

"All You Are is Clean"

We were snowed in this morning again, so we decided to take on a project that I have been wanting to work on for quite some time - cleaning the boys' room.  With all that has been going on this winter, this was a project that we hadn't had time for.  Cam and Cal weren't thrilled about it, but the end product is awesome.  Cal is never hard to talk into getting rid of items that he no longer needs, but Cameron is my ever say "keep" boy.  Today I was proud of him.  He really took a good hard look at all that he has and put quite a few items in the garage sale pile.

Af first Cam was sure that he needed every book on his shelf, every stuffed animal in his room and all of the t-shirts jammed in his drawers.  Once Doug and I started pulling everything out and putting it in piles, he could see that there was just too much to keep it all.  Thus, after a couple of hours of hard work and a lot of dust, he and Cal can now sleep in a clean and organized room.  They may not be thrilled, but I sure am.  Now when Alex spends the night and decides that he wants to get away from the loud group in the basement, I will not be embarrassed to find him under a pile of laundry and water bottles in Cal and Cam's room.  I know that he, Cal and Cam don't mind, but I feel a lot better about it.  I don't mind running the Heinisch family frat house, but it's ok with me if it doesn't look like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment