Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Anniversary

Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home


These words could have be said by Doug twenty years ago today.  He has been the foundation of our family.  We rely on him in so many ways.  I appreciate his dedication to our marriage and children.  I couldn't ask for a better husband these past twenty years.

When Doug and I married twenty years ago, I do not know if we knew what life was all about.  He was 22 and I was 24.  When I think back, we were so young!  I asked him on Saturday if it felt like twenty years.  He said, "Yes, but in a good way."  I knew what he meant.  Good marriages do not just happen.  It takes a lot of work and dedication.  In those twenty years we have had our share of trials and tribulations, but overall it has been a joyous ride.  The four Heinisch children have made our lives complete and I wouldn't change a thing.  

I want to thank him for always standing by us and for helping us through anything that life throws our way.  My mother tells me time and again that if she had to pick a son-in-law, it would have been Doug.  I don't know if there is a bigger compliment than hearing that from a mother-in-law.  But then again, Brett once told me that he knows that his Dad is really Superman.  I agree with both of them.  Here's to twenty years and so many more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment