Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

It was a great Mother's Day here at the Heinisch Home.  After staying up until 3am waiting for the Prom kids to return I was thankful to be able to sleep in.  Doug made a wonderful breakfast and we spent a quiet morning at home before heading down to my Mom's.

My mother really liked the bracelets we gave her, and she loved the table runner Meg made for her.  We also threw in a gas card as she spends a great deal of time running the Heinisch children to their various activities.  Doug and the kids completely surprised me with new bar stools for our kitchen.  I have wanted them for years.  These are perfect and I appreciate Doug remembering that i wanted them!  Cameron made me a "My Mom is special card!" From that I found out that I am great at cleaning and am smart enough to do Algebra!

We spent the afternoon shopping and then went to dinner.  Brett had won a $50 Visa card at the after Prom, and he couldn't wait to get a new book!  Doug made one of my favorites, English trifle, and my parents and Uncle Parce joined us for dessert.  All and all, a wonderful day, so glad to be a mom four times over.


No comments:

Post a Comment