Wednesday, March 15, 2017

So Much Stress, So Little Sleep

We have had several situations arise that have made this week extremely stressful.  None of them are related to the others, but putting them all together has made it challenging to sleep.  I have no problem falling asleep as I am exhausted, but then I wake up between 1:40 and 2:40 a.m. and struggle to fall back asleep.  Unfortunately, I can't resolve any of the situations in the middle of the night, but my mind won't stop racing.  Even when I do fall back asleep I wake up every hour or so in a panic.

The stress and the lack of sleep have made the week feel even longer.  One nice part of all of it is that I usually have a text or two from Cal when I wake up.  He is one a different sleep schedule than we are this week and is usually up in the middle of the night.  That used to be Brett, but now that he is working he follows a more typical routine.  I know this week will pass and we will eventually have resolutions to the issues that have arisen.  Until then, I will sleep when I can and rest when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment