Wednesday, March 1, 2017

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb?

We had been having the most beautiful weather these past ten days.  I know that we had set temperature records for February and had had several days close to 65 degrees.  I was able to wear capris and Cam forgot he even had a winter jacket.  That changed today.  The first of March brought in some more typical winter weather.   It started off with a bang around 1:30 in the morning.  A thunderstorm warning had been posted before we went to bed and before 2 I heard hail hit our bedroom windows.  No one else woke up which surprised me as the power even went out for a short time.

The rain had cleared by the time I left for school, but the cold weather predicted for the afternoon arrived right on time.  It was windy and around 30 degrees when Meg and I left Wal-Mart with our groceries.  By the time I took Cam home from tennis the snow had just started falling.  Doug and I went to dinner when he got home and the snow was stuck to the road by then.

The return to cold weather doesn't make me feel sad.  It's March, so it won't last too long.  Just as I learned in first grade when studying the months - If March comes in like a lion, it will go out out like a lamb.




No comments:

Post a Comment