Monday, March 6, 2017

Academic Super Bowl Season

Meg decided several months ago to be a part of the Wawasee Math Academic Super Bowl team.  They have met every Monday and Friday morning bright and early to review problems.  Meg has enjoyed it especially since her friends, Preston and Clayton, are also part of the team.

Tonight was their first invitational and was held at Warsaw High School.  Meg rode the bus over with the teams and Doug and I met up with her later.  She had texted me on the way over that she was positive that they would only get two questions right out of the 25.  Preston and Evan were at Deka state, so only Meg and Clayton were available to be on the math team.  I had more confidence in them than she did and Doug and I were impressed that they answered 19 out of the 25 questions correctly.  That was good enough for fourth place.

Meg stayed to watch the English and Interdisciplinary round.  She texted us on the way home to let us know that Wawasee had finished 3rd in the all around bringing home a plaque for the school to display.  Although I was in bed when she got home I was happy to hear about all of the fun she had.  It reminded me a lot of when Brett was a part of Academic Super Bowl.  It was a great experience for him and I am glad that Meg has found the same enjoyment in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment