Thursday, September 10, 2015

Senior Night

Tonight was senior night and except for the fact that Northridge was very late all went extremely well.  Cal was announced along with the rest of the seniors.  We loved his plans after college - "work at the Sleepy Owl until I die."  He received a gift bag with treats and a Subway card and we got to stand up with him.

Doug took the day off of practice so he could participate as well.  I was very glad that he was able to do that.  My parents, Meg and Cam were there as well.  We were all treated to one of the most entertaining matches of the year as Cal won in three sets over an opponent who made some very questionable calls.  He also tried to out intense Cal, but I knew that would never work.  I think the Northridge player figured that out as well when Cal yelled "Let's Go!" louder than I have ever heard mocking his opponent.

Cal was the only winner of the night and his team celebrated well.  We bought Pizza Hut for the boys and a wonderful cake from Lance's.  There was just enough leftover Pizza and cake for the rest of us to enjoy once we got home.  I was so proud of Cal tonight and thrilled to be a part of senior night.  It has been one fun season to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment