Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Night Lights

Doug and the soccer team had to work the high school football concessions tonight.  Meg had a lot of fun making popcorn with Hope.  She got there early to visit with her non-soccer friends before her shift started.  I hate that Doug had to be gone on a Friday night.  He had already given up every Saturday since the first week of August and worked the BINGO, pancake breakfast and Kiwanis triathlon for soccer.  Plus he devotes six nights/days a week to practices and games.  I am not sure that the parents and players always appreciate the amount of time he devotes to the team.  I guess that is part of being a coach.

I stayed home with Cam.  He invited Ryden and Chance over.  The boys had a great time playing hide n' seek, ghost in the graveyard, and spin disc golf.  Ryden wasn't able to spend the night, but Chance did.  I used the time when they were playing to get the laundry going, clean Cal's room and pay bills.  I was pretty tired from a busy week, so I was definitely ok with a low key evening.  The game was over early.  Cal and Hannah Marie were here for a little bit before she had to go home.  Meg hung out with Cam and his friends until Ryden left.  Overall, everyone seemed happy with the night even though WHS lost by quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment