Wednesday, April 2, 2014

One More Day

What an adrenalin filled morning.  I got out of the shower just as Cal texts me that he forgot his blue folder and needed it immediately.  I hurried to get dressed, threw my make up and hairspray into the bag, and flew up to the high school.  Once I caught up with him I sped to school and was able to make it on time.

School was exceedingly busy as it was a cooking day.  My 7th and 6th grade classes were awesome in the kitchen and needed very little help.  My 5th and 8th graders were another story.  We ended up with some inedible frosting and too much butter on the grilled cheese, but overall we did pretty well.

After school I hurried to Monteith.  Oil was leaking in puddles from the oil change yesterday and they agreed to get it in right away.  The manager kept kidding me about taking the Civic to Florida, but I was not buying into his suggestion.  Mom dropped me off at home and I had just enough time to make my bed and start a load of laundry before the piano tuner came.

Once the van and piano were taken care of I headed back to school.  I still had one counter left to clean and things to get ready for tomorrow.  Cam had chess club, so I was able to accomplish all I needed.

Cam and I rushed out of school to pick up the pigs and Grandma to make it to the middle school just as Meg's swim party ended.  The pigs were very well behaved during their nail trimming session.  We said goodbye to them at Grandma's and headed to Casey's to fill up with gas for our trip tomorrow.

Tonight has been devoted to cleaning, packing and studying for tomorrow's tests.  Cam had time to color three more entries in the Easter coloring contest and practice on the newly tuned piano.  Four of us are very excited for our vacation to start tomorrow.  Cal has not said much, so I am guessing he is looking forward to warm weather as well.  It has been a long winter.  Can't wait for the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment