Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Life of a Teenage Boy

This afternoon one of Cal's teacher's called.  After school she witnessed him rough housing in the hallway.  She felt his behavior was dangerous as Jayce was shoved into the lockers.  She also wanted me to know that she believes that he is hanging out with the wrong friends and is very obnoxious this year.  I listened to her and asked a couple of questions.  I assured her that we would talk to Cal about his behavior.

Once I hung up the phone I had to laugh to myself.  I was just thinking about how much happier Cal has been these past few weeks and how much fun he had at the Pow Wow with his friends.  I called Doug to let him know that called had earned a detention, and then I called Jody to see what she thought.  My thoughts were the same as theirs - he's not drinking, doing drugs or going from girl to girl.  He and his friends can be obnoxious, but he doesn't even swear.  They are nice to Meg, Cameron and Brett.  He knows right from wrong.  He has all A's right now and is in the honors classes.  I am grateful that his teacher called and gave me her opinion.  I will definitely keep it in mind.  But for now we can't see punishing him further.

No comments:

Post a Comment