Monday, March 31, 2014

Geometry

I am back to tutoring Honors Geometry this trimester.  Every year I say that I will never tutor that subject again, but I always end up doing it.  I know that it is a challenging subject and not one that most parents can help with.  Plus I really like the two girls that I am tutoring right now, so that does make it easier.  They are eager learners who just need some help figuring out which concept goes with which problem. 

Of all of the math classes that I have tutored for, Geometry probably is the one they will use most in life.  I know that is hard for them to see right now.  Geometry is everywhere.  It is used in construction, but also in art and other math subjects.  It helps students learn to not only solve problems, but to prove their answers and apply their knowledge.  I don't expect everyone to like math or Geometry, but as long as I can, I will try and help those gain a better appreciation of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment