Saturday, March 1, 2014

Can't Sleep a Wink

At 1:40 a.m. two third graders came bursting through my door yelling, "I can't sleep a wink.  How am I supposed to sleep, when I can't sleep a wink?"  Took me a minute or two to fully wake up, but once I did there were two smiling faces looking at me.  I tried to give them some advice on how to get to sleep, but they weren't buying it from me.  Thus, they moved on to Doug.  He gave them a lot of the same advice, but they still weren't ready to try it.  So, when I mentioned the iPad and watching another movie, they were all in.

They headed back upstairs and I was sure that they would crash in a couple of minutes or so, but, boy, was I wrong.  Instead they played games, had mattresses wars and probably would have stayed up all night if Meg hadn't stepped in.  She let them know they were keeping her up and were expected to go to sleep immediately.  They finally gave in around 5 a.m

I thought they'd be out until at least 11 a.m., but the excitement of the day ahead must have gotten them the best of them.  They were ready to go at 9:30 a.m.  Luckily, Meg left for a ski trip or they would have heard from her once again.  Doug made them breakfast and they headed to the basement for a quick game of NBA2K14 before Cade headed home.

When Pam arrived at noon, we laughed about their enthusiasm for their first overnight adventure.  What a great friendship they have developed.  They were a nice reminder of how much fun life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment